Rhenusana health insurance
Rhenusana Insurance from the Rhine Valley has existed since 1944 and was founded as a company health insurance fund. To this day, it offers insurance cover for illness, maternity and accidents. In addition to the compulsory basic insurance, policyholders can also take out various supplementary insurance policies. Our comparison shows whether you can save money by switching to Rhenusana health insurance.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Rhenusana Contact & Address
Die Rheintaler Krankenkasse
9'853 in basic insurance
Ø 4 days
132 CHF per client
Three basic insurance models
Rhenusana Health Insurance offers three models of compulsory health insurance: In the Standard model (free choice of doctor) you can go to a doctor you trust in the event of illness, either a family doctor, a doctor in a group practice (HMO) or a specialist. The discount model family doctor system provides that in case of illness you first contact your family doctor. In the sanmed24 (Telmed) discount model, you first call a telemedical advice hotline, which decides on the further course of treatment and refers you to your family doctor or hospital if necessary.
Premium discounts in basic insurance
You can reduce your basic insurance premiums with Rhenusana Health Insurance in various ways:
- You choose an alternative insurance model.
- You pay your premiums annually or semi-annually. There are discounts between 0.5 and 1 percent.
- You choose a higher deductible rate. The higher the deductible rate, the lower the premiums.
- Family discount: From the third insured child onwards, households pay only 10 percent of the adult premium.
Attractive additional benefits with a voluntary supplementary insurance plan
With an additional insurance of the Rhenusana health insurance you secure more benefits in case of illness. You benefit, for example, from higher co-payments for alternative medicine, prevention, dental treatment and more comfort in hospital.
Rhenusana offers the following supplementary insurances:
- rhenuPLUS is an outpatient supplementary insurance with very high co-payments by comparison. The health insurance pays up to CHF 550 per year for visual aids, up to CHF 10,000 for alternative medicine and up to CHF 2,000 for health promotion such as fitness subscriptions. The supplementary insurance also covers transport and rescue costs and orthodontic treatment (up to the age of 20).
- rhenuDENTA is a dental insurance with three benefit levels, which covers the costs of dental treatment, prophylaxis and orthodontics in Switzerland and abroad. Policyholders are reimbursed a maximum of 90 percent of treatment costs, up to 2,000 Swiss francs per calendar year.
- rhenuHOSPITAL is a flexible supplementary hospital insurance policy. For inpatient stays, you enjoy free choice of doctor and hospital throughout Switzerland. Before you go to hospital, you decide whether you want to stay in the general ward, semi-private or private. The three levels of hospital insurance differ in the amount of the deductible for accommodation in the semi-private and private ward and in the amount of the reimbursement.
- rhenuSWISS grants you free hospital choice throughout Switzerland and the Principality of Liechtenstein in the event of illness, accident or maternity. Accommodation is in the general ward.
Families who take out supplementary insurance for three or more persons benefit from the family discount. For rhenuSWISS, discounts are available for as few as two insured persons per household.
Compare insurance policies and obtain an insurance quote
Is a change to Rhenusana health insurance worthwhile? Make the comparison and determine your savings potential with our premium calculator. If you decide to change your health insurance, you can request a non-binding offer directly online from us. If you have any further questions, we will be happy to advise you personally.