Vivacare health insurance
Vivacare belongs to the Visana Insurance Group. The AG has its headquarters in Bern. In basic insurance alone, it has more than 45,000 policyholders. Both in the compulsory health insurance and in the supplementary insurance, the health insurance fund relies on the services offered by Visana and offers attractive products, especially for families.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Vivacare Contact & Address
3000 Bern 15
50'292 in basic insurance
Ø 10 days
109 CHF per client
Three basic insurance models
Vivacare Krankenkasse offers several models of compulsory health insurance. In the Standard model (free choice of doctor), you decide which doctor you trust. There are also various alternative insurance models to choose from:
- Managed Care: Your first point of contact is your family doctor or a group practice (HMO).
- Med Direct: In the event of illness, you first contact your family doctor.
- Tel Doc: Before you visit your doctor, you contact the Medi24 telemedical advice centre and receive a binding treatment plan.
- Med Call: You contact the telemedical advice centre, but the treatment plan is non-binding.
- Tel Care: This Telmed tariff is only available in certain cantons.
This is how you can reduce your health insurance premium
The alternative insurance models restrict the choice of the first contact person in the event of illness, but you also pay up to 16 percent lower premiums. Health insurance also grants discounts if you increase your annual deductible. Adults can voluntarily pay a franchise of up to 2,500 Swiss francs per year; for children the maximum annual franchise is 600 francs.
Supplementary insurance from Vivacare
With a voluntary supplementary insurance, you receive benefits that go beyond the statutory insurance cover. With Vivacare, you can opt for the following additional models:
- Out-patient: reimburses additional medication, transport costs and maternity benefits. Also includes Vacanza travel insurance.
- Complementary: replaces around 50 forms of treatment in the field of alternative medicine.
- Dental insurance: reimburses the costs of dental treatment, check-ups, dental hygiene and orthodontics in eight benefit levels. The maximum reimbursement is 75 percent, up to CHF 1,800 per calendar year.
Well insured to the hospital
Vivacare Krankenkasse also offers supplementary hospital insurance. You can choose from four benefit levels: General hospital, semi-private, private and flex. Each hospital insurance offers you free choice of hospital throughout Switzerland, in the tariffs semi-private, private and flex you can also freely choose the doctor treating you. With flex, you can choose the desired comfort at short notice before each hospital stay.
Health insurance for families
Vivacare's family insurance is a complete cover for the whole family. In the compulsory health insurance, you benefit from up to 78 percent family discount for the first and second child. There is even a 90 percent discount for the third insured child. In supplementary insurance, premiums are reduced by 50 percent from the second insured child onwards. The Vacanza travel insurance is included, as is legal health insurance.
Vivacare's insurance offer in comparison
Does Vivacare's range of services meet your needs? With us, you make the comparison and determine your savings potential quickly and easily with the premium calculator. If you have any questions, we will be happy to advise you personally.