Swica health insurance
Swica Holding emerged in 1992 from the merger of four different health insurance companies. The company concentrates on health insurance and accident insurance. The head office is located in Winterthur. The offer includes compulsory basic insurance as well as various supplementary insurances, including hospital insurance, dental insurance and daily allowance insurance. More than 1.3 million private individuals have taken out health insurance with Swica, and premium income in 2018 was CHF 4.6 billion. Compare the insurance offers and find the health insurance company that suits you best.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Swica Contact & Address
626'389 in basic insurance
Ø 2 days
159 CHF per client
Swica basic insurance
With Swica Health Insurance, private individuals can take out their compulsory health insurance. The Swica basic insurance is available in two different tariffs: With the standard model, policyholders are free to choose their own doctor. The premium amount depends on the franchise.
With the Favorit models, you can reduce your premium contributions. In return, the models specify which contact person you must contact first in the event of illness:
- With the FAVORIT CASA model, you first contact your family doctor in the event of treatment, who will refer you to a specialist if necessary.
- With the FAVORIT MEDICA model, you can choose your doctor from a list of doctors.
- For the FAVORIT MEDPHARM model, your first point of contact is a partner pharmacy or santé24.
- If you choose the FAVORIT SANTE tariff, first contact the Medbase Health Centre or a group practice (HMO).
- The FAVORIT TELMED telemedicine model requires you to contact the santé24 hotline in the event of illness. If necessary, the medical staff will refer you to a doctor or hospital.
Swica supplementary insurance
Supplementary insurance can be used to supplement basic insurance with individual benefits. Swica Health Insurance offers several supplementary insurances at the same time, including, for example, hospital insurance and dental insurance. The most important tariffs:
- COMPLETA TOP: The supplementary insurance closes the gaps in the basic insurance. You receive comprehensive insurance cover in the event of emergencies in Switzerland and abroad, worldwide telephone health advice and subsidies for glasses, contact lenses and dental treatment. The supplementary insurance also covers treatment with alternative medicine.
- COMPLETA PRAEVENTA supplements the COMPLETA TOP supplementary insurance with contributions to health promotion, such as vaccinations, exercise programmes and preventive measures.
- With OPTIMA, you receive extended contributions to many health areas, and the supplementary insurance also covers outpatient treatment worldwide.
- SUPPLEMENTA supplements COMPLETE TOP with higher subsidies for glasses, contact lenses, medical aids and patient transport in Switzerland and abroad.
- DENTA dental insurance contributes to check-ups, dental hygiene and dental treatment.
You also have the option of taking out HOSPITA supplementary hospital insurance. Depending on the model, you can choose between accommodation in the general, semi-private or private hospital ward and enjoy additional comfort.
Compare Swica insurance offers and switch health insurance companies
The basic insurance benefits are prescribed by law and do not differ between the individual health insurers. The situation is different with supplementary insurance. Does the Swica health insurance offer suit you? Make the online comparison or let us advise you free of charge.