Sanitas health insurance
Sanitas health insurance, based in Zurich, is one of the largest health insurers in Switzerland. At the beginning of 2019, around 835,000 policyholders had taken out health insurance there. Premium income amounts to 2,899 billion Swiss francs. In addition to various basic insurance models, Sanitas also offers various supplementary insurances and dental insurance. Compare benefits and premiums and find a health insurance policy that suits your needs.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Sanitas Contact & Address
343'424 in basic insurance
Ø 5 days
186 CHF per client
The four models of Sanitas basic insurance
You can choose from four basic insurance models:
- In the standard model, you have a free choice of doctor throughout Switzerland. It covers statutory benefits in the event of illness, maternity and accident.
- With the MedCare family doctor model, your family doctor is the first point of contact for all treatments. He will refer you if necessary. In the family doctor model, you receive a 7 percent premium discount.
- With the HMO NetMed model, you first contact your group practice (HMO) if you need treatment. If necessary, your HMO will refer you to a specialist from the doctors' network. With this model, you receive up to 10 percent premium discount.
- In the telemedicine model, you can contact the Medgate Counselling Centre. If necessary, the staff will refer you to a doctor or hospital. The premium discount in the Telmed model is up to 15 percent.
The premium amount also depends on your canton of residence. Sanitas offers affordable basic insurance in Niwalden, Zug, Appenzell and Innerrhoden, for example. The premium can be reduced if you choose a higher deductible rate.
Supplementary insurance tailored to your needs
Sanitas supplementary insurance supplements the range of services offered by basic insurance and is aimed at different target groups:
- Jump is a supplementary insurance for young adults. The model makes contributions to alternative medicine, glasses and contact lenses, massages, fitness and prevention measures and covers outpatient and emergency treatment abroad.
- CClassic is a comprehensive supplementary insurance that also covers other extras such as braces or psychotherapy.
- Family is the supplementary insurance for families. All benefits are covered from one benefit account. You set an individual limit for each family member.
- Easy is an additional travel insurance. It covers outpatient and inpatient emergency treatment abroad as well as transport and rescue costs.
- With Medical Private, you can choose your doctor anywhere in the world and you can also visit doctors in Switzerland who do not charge according to the Health Insurance Act.
Sanitas supplementary hospital insurance
The basic insurance only covers accommodation in a hospital in your own canton of residence in the general ward. With additional hospital insurance, you can be assured more freedom of choice. With Hospital Standard Liberty, for example, you have free choice of doctor and hospital in the general ward throughout Switzerland. You will be accommodated in a shared room. Hospital Extra Liberty and Hospital Top Liberty offer free hospital choice in semi-private or private wards and in double or single rooms.
Dental: Dental insurance
Dental insurance covers 80 percent of all dental treatment costs up to 5,000 Swiss francs per year. If you have your treatments carried out by swiss smile, you will receive a discount of up to 50 percent.
Insurance offers in comparison
Finding the right health insurance is not so easy. Compare the Sanitas health insurance offer with other insurers and let us advise you free of charge and without obligation.