Pre-natal registration: Report your baby to your health insurance company in good time
Every Swiss citizen must be registered with a health insurance fund. That already goes for babies. In order for your baby to enjoy comprehensive insurance cover from birth, prenatal registration is recommended. This also protects you if your child is born sick.
Request a non-binding quote now and take out health insurance for your baby.
Advantages of prenatal registration
If you already register your unborn child with the health insurance fund, the insurance cover already exists from the moment of birth. With prenatal registration, you can settle all administrative matters in peace and quiet and spend more time with your baby after birth.
The prenatal registration in the supplementary insurance is particularly important. In contrast to basic insurance, there is no obligation to take out a policy here. Health insurance may refuse to admit your child without giving reasons. You should therefore take care of all important supplementary insurance before birth.
Saving with the family discount
You do not necessarily have to insure your baby with the health insurance company with which you have concluded a contract. However, many health insurers offer families with several children a family discount with reduced premiums. Depending on the insurer, you will receive the family discount from the second or third child onwards.
This is how easy prenatal registration works
The prenatal registration to the health insurance company is carried out in just a few steps:
- Compare the health insurance companies with our premium calculator.
- Use our form to request a quote right away.
- Send your documents to the health insurance company of your choice and register your baby.
- After the birth you inform the health insurance company of the exact date of birth and the name of the child.
- The insurance will then come into effect and you will receive the insurance card for your child.