KPT health insurance
The history of KPT health insurance, based in Bern, dates back to 1890. Health insurance has around 428,000 policyholders and generated premium income of CHF 1.77 billion in 2018. In our comparison you can find out more about the range of services and premiums offered by the health insurance company.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
KPT / CPT Contact & Address
387'759 in basic insurance
Ø 5 days
165 CHF per client
The basic insurance of KPT
The benefits of compulsory basic insurance are regulated by the Health Insurance Act (KVG). The Standard model (free choice of doctor) allows you to choose your doctor freely. Alternative insurance models limit the choice of the first contact person, but reward you with lower premiums. KPT Krankenkasse offers you four alternative models to choose from:
- KPTwin.easy (Telmed)
- KPTwin.doc (Family Doctor)
- KPTwin.plus (Group practice HMO)
- KPTwin.win: Telmed model with free choice of doctor
Premium discounts through alternative insurance models such as KPTwin.doc (family doctor)
Premium discounts are worthwhile for policyholders who want to save money. With KPTwin.doc (family doctor), for example, you save 15 percent, with KPTwin.plus 17 percent, with KPTwin.win 8 percent and with KPTwin.easy as much as 20 percent. Health insurance also grants discounts if you increase your franchise. The higher the franchise, the cheaper the premiums. Children aged between 0 and 18 receive a 77 percent discount on basic insurance, while young adults aged between 19 and 25 receive discounts of between 10 and 20 percent, depending on the canton.
Close gaps in insurance with voluntary supplementary insurance
With KPT supplementary insurance, you close the gaps in the compulsory health insurance. The health insurance company offers a whole range of supplementary insurance policies for a wide variety of needs:
- - The health care comfort insurance offers extended benefits for prevention, for treatments in the field of alternative medicine, glasses, aids and medication not subject to compulsory health insurance.
- - ActivePlus contributes up to CHF 600 a year to health promotion programmes.
- - Natura is a supplementary insurance for alternative medicine. Depending on the benefit class, it reimburses up to 90 percent of treatment costs, up to a maximum of CHF 3,500 per year.
- - Dental insurance is available in several benefit levels and reimburses a maximum of 75 percent of treatment costs up to CHF 1,500 per calendar year. Benefit class 6 insures 75 percent of the costs for tooth position corrections, up to a maximum of CHF 10,000 per calendar year.
KPT supplementary hospital insurance
With supplementary hospital insurance, you ensure more comfort during your stay in hospital. With KPT General Hospital Cost Insurance, you select your hospital from a hospital list and are accommodated in a shared room in the general ward. With semi-private and private hospital cost insurance, you are free to choose your doctor and hospital and benefit from accommodation in a two-bed or single room. The Private World rate provides you with chief physician treatment and single room accommodation all over the world.
Family discount on supplementary insurance
Depending on the respective supplementary insurance, the health insurance company grants a family discount from the third child onwards if at least one parent is also insured with KPT.
Find the optimal health insurance fund with our insurance comparison
If you would like to compare the services and premiums of KPT Krankenkasse with other providers, use our premium calculator. In just a few minutes you can determine your savings potential and, if necessary, request a non-binding insurance quote directly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!