CSS health insurance
CSS Health Insurance has been in existence since 1899. The abbreviation stands for Christian Social Health Insurance of Switzerland. The insurance company has its headquarters in Lucerne. Around 1.34 million insured persons are members of the compulsory basic insurance scheme. The company has a total of 1.7 million customers and an annual premium volume of 6.17 billion Swiss francs. The insurance group also includes Arcosana, Intras and Sanagate Health Insurance.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
CSS Contact & Address
837'201 in basic insurance
Ø 7 days
135 CHF per client
Four variants of CSS basic insurance
The CSS basic insurance is available in four different versions. The standard model is the obligatory health insurance with free choice of doctor. If you would like to reduce the insurance premium, you can choose one of three alternative insurance models:
- With the family doctor model, policyholders first contact their family doctor. If necessary, your doctor will refer you to a specialist.
- With the HMO / GVP model, you visit a family doctor who is affiliated with a group practice (HMO) or a network of doctors.
- With the Telmed telemedicine model, you contact the free hotline of the Medgate telemedicine advice centre in the event of illness. You will receive advice from medical specialists who will refer you to a doctor or hospital if you need further treatment.
The CSS supplementary insurances
In addition to the basic insurance, CSS offers various supplementary insurances with which you can extend your insurance cover according to your needs. These include dental insurance, foreign cover and three myFlex models:
- myFlex outpatient insurance: The supplementary insurance covers the costs of outpatient treatment worldwide, makes contributions to laser eye surgery and includes dental insurance for children.
- Hospital insurance myFlex: The supplementary hospital insurance gives you a free choice of hospital and hospital ward.
- Alternative insurance myFlex: The supplementary insurance covers treatments of alternative medicine by CSS-approved therapists and methods.
CSS supplementary insurance also includes medical expenses insurance in the event of an accident, daily hospital allowance insurance, individual daily allowance insurance and dental care insurance. With insurance for death or invalidity due to accident or illness, you can insure your family in the event of an emergency. If you close the health account, you will receive subsidies for health promotion and prevention measures.
Compare CSS health insurance and find optimal insurance cover
In Switzerland, you can choose from more than 65 health insurers. Is CSS the right insurance for you? We can help you compare insurance offers and find the right insurance cover. Make the health insurance comparison online or contact us.