Avenir health insurance
Avenir Health Insurance has been part of Groupe Mutuel since 1997. Some 229,643 people have opted for compulsory basic insurance from the insurer. In addition, the health insurance also offers voluntary supplementary insurance. With our comparison you will find out how well your health insurance fits your needs.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Avenir Contact & Address
Rue des Cèdres 5
231'299 in basic insurance
Ø 11 days
130 CHF per client
Basic insurance models
Just like Groupe Mutuel, Avenir health insurance also offers various basic health insurance models. In the Standard model (free choice of doctor), policyholders are free to decide which doctor to consult in the event of illness. Those who want to save premiums can make use of one of the alternative insurance models:
- In the PrimaCare (family doctor) model, policyholders first contact their family doctor.
- In the BasicPlus model, a group practice (HMO) is the first point of contact. Avenir's HMO model is one of the cheaper tariffs on the market.
- In the SanaTel (Telmed) model, policyholders first contact a telemedical advice centre.
- In the PrimaTel model, insured persons can choose their general practitioner freely. In the event of illness, they first contact the Telemed hotline, which decides on the further course of treatment.
- In the Optimed model, insured persons choose their family doctor from a list of doctors who work in the cantons of Geneva, Vaud and Fribourg.
Supplementary insurance for extended coverage
If you wish to take out extended benefits, for example in the field of prevention or alternative medicine, you can take out supplementary insurance.
- The Global supplementary insurance combines outpatient benefits with hospital insurance.
- Alterna subsidises treatments in the field of alternative medicine. The supplementary insurance covers 80 percent of the costs of complementary medical treatment and covers medicines from this area up to a sum of CHF 2,000 per calendar year.
- Mundo is a supplementary insurance policy for travel abroad. Treatment costs abroad are covered up to an amount of CHF 100,000 per calendar year.
- Dentaire Plus dental insurance is available in three benefit levels. The maximum reimbursement is 75 percent of the treatment costs up to a sum of CHF 15,000 per calendar year.
More comfort in hospital
The supplementary hospital insurance of Avenir health insurance is available in four benefit levels. Depending on the level selected, hospital accommodation is in the general ward, semi-private or private. The fourth stage provides accommodation in the private ward worldwide.
The H-Bonus model offers free choice of doctor and allows you to choose the desired level of comfort before entering hospital. The Hôpital senior model is especially designed for seniors.
Possible premium discounts and family discounts
The health insurance company grants lucrative premium discounts for the choice of an alternative basic insurance model. You can also save premiums if you agree on a higher deductible rate. The maximum franchise for adults is CHF 2,500 per year, for children it is CHF 600.
For supplementary health insurance, Avenir grants premium discounts of up to 50 percent if you do not claim any benefits in one year. If you take out Global Classic prenatal supplementary insurance for your child, you also benefit from a family discount.
A comparison of Avenir health insurance offers
If you are still looking for a suitable health insurance, make the free comparison with us and find out whether the Avenir health insurance is a favorable option for you. If you wish, you can obtain a non-binding insurance offer directly. We would also be happy to advise you personally.