Assura health insurance
Assura health insurance is based in Pully in western Switzerland and currently has around 1.1 million policyholders. The insurer was founded in 1978 in the legal form of a foundation. The core business consists of basic insurance in accordance with the Swiss Health Insurance Act and various supplementary insurance policies including hospital insurance and dental insurance. Premium income in 2017 amounted to around 3.4 billion Swiss francs. With us, you can compare the Assura health insurance offer with other insurances and comfortably select the appropriate health insurance.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
Assura Contact & Address
Avenue C.-F. Ramuz 70
1'015'658 in basic insurance
Ø 34 days
solvency ratio (2023)
172 CHF per client
*The above figures were taken from the annual statistics of the Federal Office of Public Health, which is issued as the supervisory authority for social health insurance in Switzerland and provides an overview of the recognized health insurers. A claim to current validity is rejected.
Various Assura basic insurance models
Assura health insurance offers various models of compulsory basic insurance. In the basic model, you enjoy free choice of doctor and pharmacy. The premium is based on the amount of the deductible, i.e. the deductible; there are no discounts in this model. If you would like to reduce your premium, you can opt for one of the alternative insurance models.
If you choose the general practitioner model, you undertake to first consult your general practitioner or the general practitioner of a group practice (HMO) in the event of illness. He or she will clarify further treatment steps and refer you to a specialist if necessary. You are free to choose your pharmacy.
With the Assura PharMed model, you also consult your family doctor first if you have any medical problems. You must also obtain your medication from a pharmacy recognised by your health insurance company.
In the cantons of Geneva and Vaud, you can also choose the Health Network model. To do this, you first contact a doctor from the Delta network and obtain your medicines from a recognised pharmacy.
Policyholders from Basel-Stadt and Basel-Land can also opt for a Telmed model. The AssurCall telemedicine model requires you to first call the independent Medgate telemedicine centre if you have any medical questions. This will refer you to a doctor or hospital if necessary.
The Assura supplementary insurances
You can supplement the benefits of the basic insurance with various supplementary insurances:
- COMPLEMENTA EXTRA closes the gaps in the basic insurance and offers, for example, unlimited transport and rescue, free choice of hospital in the general ward as well as cost sharing for glasses, contact lenses and dental treatment.
- NATURA and MEDNA assume the costs for alternative medicine.
- MONDIA and MONDIA PLUS offer you travel insurance cover, including search, rescue and repatriation.
- PALETTA VARIA is a supplementary hospital insurance and offers more comfort for accommodation in a semi-private or private ward.
- HOSPITA provides financial support for unexpected follow-up costs of a hospital stay.
- DENTA PLUS is a dental insurance policy that covers dental treatment, preventive check-ups and orthodontic treatment.
- PREVISIA EXTRA is the Assuara accident insurance.
- NATIVA supplements the basic insurance for children and adolescents up to the age of 18.
Compare Assura insurance offers and switch health insurance companies
In order to find the right one among more than 65 health insurance companies, it is advisable to compare the various offers. The health insurance companies differ above all in the area of supplementary insurance and dental insurance. Make the online comparison and find out whether Assura health insurance is right for you. We would be happy to offer you free advice.