AMB Assurance has existed under this name since 1996. However, it was founded in 1958 as an alliance trade union. Today, the insurer is one of the health insurance funds under the umbrella of Groupe Mutuel and offers the parent company's packages both in the compulsory basic insurance and in the supplementary insurance. More than 12,000 policyholders have already opted for AMB health insurance.
Order information and a quote for the right health insurance now:
What is important to you?
AMB Contact & Address
Route de Verbier 13
1934 Le Châble
11'888 in basic insurance
Ø 9 days
134 CHF per client
Basic insurance benefits
The offer of compulsory health insurance is the same as that of Groupe Mutuell. In addition to the Standard model (free choice of doctor), there are several alternative tariffs that restrict the choice of the first contact person in the event of illness. In return, policyholders benefit from lower premiums.
You can choose from the following alternative insurance models:
- Family doctor: PrimaCare and SUPRACare
- Telemedicine: PrimaTel, SanaTel and CallDoc
- Pharmacy: PharmaPrima
- Network of doctors: BasicPlus, Care Network Geneva and Optimed
Voluntary supplementary insurances of AMB health insurance
If you would like further insurance benefits, you can choose from various voluntary supplementary insurances:
- The Global supplementary insurance covers numerous outpatient benefits and combines these with hospital insurance. You can choose between four benefit levels.
- The Alterna model provides subsidies for treatments and remedies in the field of alternative medicine.
- Mundo covers the costs incurred in the event of illness or accident while travelling abroad.
Dental insurance to protect against high treatment costs
With Dentaire Plus, AMB Assurance also offers dental insurance. You can choose between three benefit levels, up to a maximum of 75 percent of the treatment costs reimbursed by the health insurance up to 15,000 euros per year.
The hospital insurance of AMB Assurance
For more comfort during your stay in hospital, you can opt for supplementary hospital insurance. AMB health insurance offers four products:
- Supplementary hospital insurance is available in four benefit levels. Depending on the chosen level, you will be accommodated in a general, semi-private or private ward. All levels offer a free choice of hospital throughout Switzerland; in levels 2, 3 and 4 you can also choose the doctor treating you.
- In the H-Bonus model, you can choose your benefit level flexibly at the start of your hospital stay.
- The Hôpital senior model is aimed specifically at policyholders over the age of 55.
- H-Capital is an endowment insurance policy for hospitalisation.
Discount options with the AMB insurance company
If you want to save premiums, you can not only choose an alternative basic insurance model, but also take out a higher annual deductible. The maximum possible deductible for adults is CHF 2'500 for children CHF 600.
Premium discounts are also available if you combine various supplementary insurance policies. If you insure your entire family in an AMB supplementary insurance policy, your minor children will receive a 40 percent family discount in the basic Global classic model.
A comparison of the AMB Assurance range of insurance products
Use our premium calculator to find out how much you can save by changing your health insurance company. Take a look at the insurance offer of AMB Assurance in comparison and find a health insurer that suits your needs.